Scone Race 4 on Friday continues the “Value” theme for punters following our Friday action leading into the Manikato Stakes meeting on Friday night and Cox Plate meeting on Saturday both from Moonee Valley.
On top we have found Cinema Paradiso which has been priced up as a 9.50 / 3.10 chance in early fixed odds markets.
The 5yo Starcraft mare looks to make it 3 career wins lumping top weight and despite that facvtor she does seem overly well placed.
Scone R4 #1 Cinema Paradiso 9.50 / 3.10
– deceivingly well bred type by Starcraft out of the Hussonet mare La Saronet who herself was a debut winner at Canterbury from only 3 career starts
– thereabouts 1st up from a spell last start 2.2l 4th of 6 behind Oxford Magic, plenty went against it that day
– go on trial 2nd prior to start of this preparation when 1.6l off Oxford Poet, form well franked suggesting might be ready to hit best form from mid 2016
– draws perfectly down in the 1 alley to secure one of the runs of the race on pace under a slow to moderate tempo, leaders / on pacers look to have advantage
– rates clear on top as a 3.30 chance, excellent value each way at 9.50 / 3.10
– excellent value Place betting proposition especially from a confidence perspective relative to 3.10 price on offer