A great opportunity to close out the Sandown card on a big winning note comes up in Race 9 on Wednesday when the lightly tried So You Think 4yo stallion Reata looks to make it two wins on end as a 14.00 / 4.20 chance with bookmakers.
We get the feeling odd-makers have totally under-estimated the scope this lightly tried prospect has up it’s sleeve. We have Reata rated clear on top as a 4.80 chance.
Sandown R9 #5 Reata 14.00 / 4.20
– very well bred lightly raced improver by So You Think out of a Dantibes mare
– high merit win l/start 1st up from a spell over 1200m at Pakenham putting good gaps back through the field
– came from well off the pace that day suggesting good scope for more stretching out to 1400m
– well drawn to be more forward here with a overall lack of early speed in the race, should get minor pace advantage
– breed tend to come on significantly as they get into their late 3yo / early 4yo season and this one is showing those exact signs
– top rated contender as a 4.80 chance, back each with with mild confidence at the 14.00 / 4.20 on offer
– excellent value Place bet especially as an anchor into later in the day as we do consider it to continue to firm in closer to post time