The astute Kim Waugh takes her lightly tried Congrats 4yo mare to Taree on Thursday and she looks to have found a very winnable affair for Star Princess who is engaged as the top weight in Race 7 on the card.
Star Princess looks to make it two wins on end after looking clearly superior to her foes last time out in a $30K 1200m maiden at Wyong. She goes around as a 3.30 chance and looks very hard to beat, a banker bet infact to round out what looks a strong betting card at Taree.
Taree R7 #1 Star Princess 3.30
– deceivingly wwell bred type by Congrats out of the well related Desert Princess mare Princess Pedrille
– has looked above average from the outset and finally put it all together l/start coming from off the pace to put good gaps in a $30k maiden field at Wyong
– form refs out of that maiden win suggest well up to winning what looks only an average C1 at Taree for a lower $20K purse
– decently weighted after the 2kg claim for Chloe Baker
– drawn perfectly in the 4 alley to secure a near perfect trip stalking the leaders from better than midfield
– clear cut top rated contender, we have it rated as a 2.50 chances
– decent overs on offers as a 3.30 chance, back with good confidence to win
– qualifies as Banker Bet