The opening markets are up for Saturday racing at Flemington and we are pretty confident we have found one in the last race on the card (Race 9) that is big overs and the price they are currently betting won’t last long.
Tribal Wisdom returns from a spell and the lightly tried gelding by Makfi looks to return a winner in a very suitable race on the back of an initial campaign which saw it annex the 1200m Gosford Guineas in very impressive fashion. There is scope for plenty more to come and the 6.50 / 2.40 each way odds being bet seem a luxury.
Back Tribal Wisdom each way and it can even act as a nice anchor bet late in the day especially from a Place perspective with the 2.40 on offer.
Flemington R9 #11 Tribal Wisdom 6.50 / 2.40
– deceivingly well bred type by Makfi out of the Redoute’s Choice mare Platinum Passion who herself is a daughter of the high class Stella Artois
– race pace scenario totally suits likely to stalk a very fast front end speed, will be closing hardest over the 1000m straight after a soft stalking trip smoking its pipe
– gets in very well weighted with only 54kg despite being an early season 4yo taking on seasoned sprinters
– looked high class on debut making all to break its maiden tag by 2.8l at Sale, blackbooked after that run
– franked that debut form winning the Gosford Guineas at Listed level 2 starts later putting big margins to 3rd and further back
– sure to have come on significantly since spelling and looks a good quality stakes class sprinter / miler on the make
– this should prove a stepping stone to tougher affairs, clear cut top rated contender as a 3.50 chance
– goes around as a 6.50 / 2.40 chance early fixed odds, expected to firm as smart money finds it
– exceptional value from a Place betting angle