James Cummings really seems to be settling into his role as head trainer at Godolphin having produced 11 winners from his last 27 runners. That amounts to a phenomenal strike rate of 40% and it is a huge siren call towards what could be a massive spring for the Royal Blue colors at Godolphin.
He looks to continue that hot streak in Race 1 at Canterbury on Wednesday when he saddles up Speedway who is bred in the purple and interestingly doesn’t carry a Thousand Guineas nomination suggesting she may be more an Oaks filly or she may even be more thought of as an Autumn 3yo, either way we have identified enough angles to suggest she is ready for a new career peak here over the 1550m trip and should be backed accordingly at the good each way odds of 10.00 / 2.25.
Canterbury R1 #8 Speedway 10.00 / 2.25
– bred in the purple by Street Cry out of the high class Redoute’s Choice mare Glissade who was btn 0.7l in the Blue Diamond Prelude in 9 start career
– 2nd dam by Zabeel, Steflara won at G3 level over 1200m and finished 2nd at G2 level over 1300m in the Millie Fox in 13 start career
– suggested above average ability prior to debut with a close up soft 3rd to Kanga’s Eye in a good trial at Warwick Farm
– was doing best work through the line 2.3l 3rd to Ace High last time out, form refs out of that race line up back to Assimilate
– trainer flying at present producing 11 winners last 27 runners striking at 40%
– scope for plenty more stretching out to 1550m for the 1st time, pedigree suggests effective out to 2000m
– race is devoid of early speed, likely to be run at slow tempo, should get gun trip stalking 3rd or 4th
– rates on top as a 4.50 chance, very good overs on offer at 10.00 / 2.25, back each way with some degree of confidence