Ciaron Maher takes two of his lightly tried improving stayers to Geelong on Wednesday with a big chance of providing the Quinella in Race 7 on the card.
Harvard goes around as a 4.20 chance but it is the stable mate at the more attractive price of 7.50 in the form of Arohata that we feel is the one to beat. For those looking for a near sure fire result you can also back Harvard in support of Arohata but we are happy to take Arohata as a strong each way play at the odds of 7.00 / 2.50
Geelong R7 #5 Arohata 7.00 / 2.50
– very well bred for staying trips by High Chaparral out of the decent Zabeel mare Holloway Castle who had its career cut short after only 9 starts, looked stakes class on the make over staying trips
– obvious that stable has an opinion of it after being tried in the G3 Ethereal at only 4th career start as a maiden in late 2016
– finally put it all together this preparation winning two on end impressively 2nd and 3rd up over 1900m both time on the Geelong synthetic
– switches to turf this start but has proven goes justr as good on the turf around Geelong when a high merit 2nd to potentially very smart Typhoon Monaco over 1750m when having 2nd career start
– deceivingly good effort beaten only 2.3l for a $100K purse last time out at Caulfield, this looks considerably easier
– likely to secure a soft trip on the front end with very little on pace types engaged
– goes around as a 7.00 / 2.50 as a very solid each way chance, rated clear on top as a 3.70 chance.