The last race on the card at Moruya on Tuesday looks the perfect opportunity for Zooks to get back into the winners circle as it drops back from provincial company last time out.
The lightly tried 6yo Bryannbo’s Gift gelding has a few things going for it here which will be key to its chances of landing the cash in Moruya R7. The 5.50 / 2.15 each way odds looks nice value.
Moruya R7 #3 Zooks 5.50 / 2.15
– deceivingly well bred for this trip by Bryannbo’s Gift (Zabeel) out of a Tuscany Flyer mare, realistically is a NZ bred
– stayed on strongly breaking mdn tag 2 starts ago in a very strong form race at Goulburn over 1280m, put big margins back through a quality maiden field
– strong thru the line that day suggesting very good scope for more being a lightly raced commodity with a pedigree to suggest it can get a mile strongly, only 1400m here
– pace scenario looks only moderate early, likely to secure a soft on pace trip either leading or tracking the leaders
– should get 1st run into the stretch and look the winner, 400m stretcdh run minor query but likely to stay the trip strongly
– goes around as a 5.50 / 2.15 chance, rates clear on top as a 4.00 chance, decent overs
– Place angle is a good confidence angle at the 2.15 on offer, hard to see it missing a drum after getting likely 1st run