Race 5 on the card at Muswellbrook on Sunday has started to develop into a good value verse confidence betting race with 2 very good winning chances on offer here at the luxury odds of 6.00 and 5.50.
The runners in question are Percussion 6.00 and Ledecky 5.50. We can back them both to approximately 34-35% of the betting market market giving us combined odds around the 2.90 mark. Realistically we are happy to be taking combined odds of 2.00 suggesting strong confidence. Bet up and bet confidently for a nice winning result.
Muswellbrook R5 #8 Percussion 6.00
– not disgraced l/start trying to make all when close up 5th btn 1.6l at Goulburn
– won a strong form race at Nowra 3 starts ago over 1400m, numerous subsequent winners
– exposed race form suggests affinity for rain effected going, trial form suggests ok on good 4
– bred to be above average by Foxwedge out of a Woodman mare
– booking of Greg Ryan adds to confidence for astute Robl yard
– lightly raced having only faced starter 6 times, good scope for more
– one of 2 only seen chances, back both to win for a result across the race
Muswellbrook R5 #12 Ledecky 5.50
– deceivingly well bred by Onemorenomore out of an Encosta De Lago mare
– high merit 2nd l/start over 1400m at Tamworth, doing best work on line, good scope for more out to 1500m
– placed 8 of 15 and despite only winning once looks well up to winning in this company
– drawn wide but pace scenario suggests it will cross for a soft trip off a solid tempo worse than midfield, alley negated
– one of only 2 seen chances, back both to win for a result across the race